Waste iron phosphate lithium battery cathode material recycling technology
Release Time：2022-11-19 Source：Lithium battery recycling equipment Share：
With the commissioning of Tesla's Shanghai factory and traditional car giants such as Volkswagen and BMW speeding up the pace of electrification, the installed capacity of power batteries will surge in the future. The amplification of global demand for lithium battery materials has caused the price of key battery materials to soar, pushing up the manufacturing cost of lithium battery manufacturing enterprises and posing a serious challenge to the sustainable development of China's new energy vehicle industry.
Used lithium batteries are valuable "urban mines", retired power battery green regeneration and material repair technology is an important basis to ensure efficient recovery and recycling of end-of-life power battery materials. Waste lithium iron phosphate battery regeneration cathode material technology is currently more urgent. Because the safety factor of lithium iron phosphate battery is better, in 800 degrees Celsius before it begins to burn, in comparison, safer than the use of ternary lithium batteries.
On the market so much processing of used lithium iron battery recycling to shredding as the first step in the decomposition of the battery, not knowing that this type of shredding without any protective measures, coupled with the battery was more unstable factors, will be more likely to explode and other accidents. This is not only to optimize the power battery how to crush when safer, but also to consider the hazards of electrolyte in the process of handling power batteries and the smell. These are some of the issues to consider.
Waste lithium iron phosphate battery treatment process advantages (the main process).
1, adding inert gas to protect the crushing volatilization and avoid the risk of explosion. Ensure production stability, safety and environmental protection, and charged in the volatile cracking when the discharge heat to achieve the re-use of electricity, the same also reduces the discharge equipment input.
2. high production closure, without any exhaust gas dust leakage, to ensure the physical safety of the operator.
3. Full resource utilization, plastic diaphragm and metal sorting out various utilization; evacuated waste gas, hot volatile gas, each sorting excess waste gas and cracking gas for comprehensive combustion for heat, combustion tail gas waste heat electrolyte volatilization reuse, combustion tail gas by simple treatment to meet the standard discharge, a variety of resources to be comprehensive and reasonable use.
4. Due to the presence of oxygen-free cracking and chlorine-free, there is no dioxin generation, simple treatment of combustion exhaust gas, low investment in waste gas treatment, low treatment cost, no need to increase the heat storage and combustion equipment.
5. The volatile pyrolysis of lithium hexafluorophosphate (LIPF6) produces hydrogen fluoride, and the anhydrous hydrogen fluoride reacts with FE, AL, NI, MG and other metals to form a protective film of fluoride insoluble in hydrogen fluoride, so the solid and gaseous hydrogen fluoride is not corrosive.
6. As the pole piece is depowdered before cracking, only the pole powder cracking reduces the input of cracking equipment and improves the efficiency of cracking, reduces the heat needed for cracking, and improves the recovery rate of aluminum at the same time.
More knowledge about positive and negative electrode recycling equipment, welcome to focus on this site: https://www.lithiumbatterybroken.com/